California’s much anticipated Assembly Bill 5 (AB 5) has been signed into law, codifying the “ABC Test” for determining whether a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
Taking effect on January 1, 2020, the new test reclassifies, as employees, hundreds of thousands of Californians who currently operate as independent contractors. The impact on California’s economy – the fifth largest in the world – will be extraordinary.
Join ComplianceHR CEO, Lori Brown, and Litter Shareholder, Bruce Sarchet as they provide:
- An overview of the ABC Test
- An analysis of the provisions of AB 5
- A discussion of the economical impact
- Practical suggestions to address the new challenges
- How Navigator IC can help