Given the rapid spread of the highly contagious delta variant and the economic and governmental pressure to operate safely despite the ongoing pandemic, COVID-19 vaccination requirements are going to be mandatory for many employers. Implementing such a policy brings legal and practical challenges, including but not limited to requests for religious and medical exemptions from employees and determining who qualifies for those accommodations. In this complimentary webinar, co-hosted by Littler and ComplianceHR, Littler attorneys will discuss these challenges and provide practical suggestions for deciding on an effective and legally-compliant vaccination plan. Topics covered during this webinar will include:
- Workplace vaccine mandates, including the associated benefits and risks;
- Collecting proof of vaccination from employees;
- Analyzing requests for exemptions from mandatory vaccination programs, based on (1) religious beliefs, practices, or observances under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act or (2) medical conditions and/or disabilities covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Periodic COVID-19 testing of employees as an alternative to mandating the vaccine, or as part of the accommodation process;
- A review of new features added to ComplianceHR’s SmartScreen tool, including forms and workflows to help employers handle requests for vaccine accommodations.