Washington Legal Updates
Compliance Law Updates Recently Announced:
Last Updated: 9/9/2023
To view all legal updates, visit our Resources page and select the Legal Updates tab at the top.
If you're an existing ComplianceHR client, you can access these updates and robust links to learn more about each of these changes through the PolicySmart™ solution.
Washington Legal Updates:
- Seattle Ordinance Requires Deactivation Notices for App-Based Workers
- New Laws Postpone Washington Cares Act Employee Premiums to July 1, 2023 and Require Employers to Refund any Premiums Already Collected (effective 07/01/23)
- Tukwila, Washington Ballot Initiative Requires Covered Employers to Offer Additional Work to Existing Employees Before Hiring (effective 07/01/23)
- Washington Passes Final PFML Rule on Employer Payroll Reporting Requirements (effective 07/01/23)
- New Washington Law Prohibits Searches of Employee Vehicles (effective 07/23/23)
- Washington Passes Whistleblower Award and Protection Act (effective 07/23/23)
- Seattle Becomes the First U.S. Jurisdiction to Prohibit Caste Discrimination (effective 03/25/23)
- Washington Expands Wage and Salary Disclosure Requirements (effective 01/01/23)
- Washington Amends Paid Family and Medical Leave Rules to Address Loss of a Child–Now Includes Updated Policy
- Tukwila, Washington Ballot Initiative Requires Covered Employers to Offer Additional Work to Existing Employees Before Hiring
ComplianceHR offers the only on-demand, intelligent suite of compliance applications focused on helping companies address the ever-changing federal and state employment law requirements on minimum wage, overtime, independent contracting, and more.
Fueled by the subject matter expertise of Littler, the world’s largest employment law firm and built on Neota’s AI-powered platform, ComplianceHR provides employers of all industries, sizes, and locations with solutions that empower employers to handle complex compliance issues with less time, cost, and complexity than traditional methods. The Navigator Suite simplifies employment law compliance, allowing you to streamline your compliance workflow in only a few simple clicks.
If you are not an existing client, we welcome you to register for a no obligation consultation with a compliance expert. After you’ve met with our compliance consultant, you can receive a free, 14-day trial to use all of the Navigator Suite applications. Register for a demonstration.
Schedule a Demonstration
See how the Navigator Suite of solutions can help you simplify the complexity of employment law.