December Legal Updates
If you’re an existing ComplianceHR client, you can access these updates and robust links to learn more about each of these changes through the PolicySmart™ solution.
The below list contains November Legal Updates, which have been added to the PolicySmart solution in the last month. To view developments taking effect this month, click here.
- OFCCP Sued to Compel Release of EEO-1 Data
- Dear Littler Addresses Laws Requiring Customer Access to Restrooms
- NLRB General Counsel Calls for Board to Crack Down on Electronic Surveillance and Automated Management Practices
- California Prohibits Discrimination Based on Reproductive Health Decision-Making–Now Includes Updated Policy
- California Enacts New Law Providing Time Off for Bereavement–Now Includes Sample Policy
- California Expands Definition of “Family Member” for CFRA and Paid Sick Leave–Now Includes Updated Policies
- Colorado Expands Public Health Emergency Leave to Include Absences Relating to RSV, Flu and Other Respiratory Illnesses
- Colorado Issues Final Rules on Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program Private Plan Requirements
- Colorado Voters Approve Ballot Measure Legalizing Natural Psychedelics
- Miami Beach, Florida Amends Antidiscrimination Ordinance to Prohibit Discrimination Based on Hair Texture/Hairstyle
- Atlanta Amends Anti-Discrimination Ordinance to Include Protections for Gender Expression and Criminal Histories
- Illinois Adopts Ballot Measure Establishing Rights Related to Collective Bargaining
- Massachusetts Premium Pay for Retail Work on Holidays Completely Phased Out Effective January 1, 2023–Includes Updated Policies
- Michigan Voters Adopt Proposal Establishing the Right to Reproductive Freedom
- Missouri Voters Adopt Constitutional Amendment Legalizing Recreational Marijuana
- Nevada Voters Eliminate Two-Tier Minimum Wage System
- Nevada Voters Approve Ballot Measure on Equal Rights Amendment
- New Jersey Enacts Law Requires Reporting to Division of Unemployment
- New York Amends Paid Family Leave Law to Cover Siblings–Now Includes Updated Policy
- New York to Require Human Trafficking Recognition Training for Certain Hospitality Employees
- New York Passes New Law on Lawful Absences
- Cincinnati, Ohio Prohibits Discrimination Based on Sexual or Reproductive Health Decisions
- RSV Emergency Declaration Triggers Protections Under Oregon’s Mini-FMLA
- November 30 Deadline: Equivalent Plan Applications for Oregon’s Paid Family Medical Leave Program Are Due
- Oregon Adopts New Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program Rules
- Pennsylvania Amends Law on Unemployment Insurance to Allow Benefits for Eligible Military Spouses
- Pennsylvania Expands Definition of “Personal Information” for Purposes of Data Security Breach Notification
- Rhode Island Enacts Significant Amendments to Pay Equity Law, Including Wage Disclosure Protections and Salary History Ban and Notice Requirement–Now Updated to Include Sample Policy
- Tennessee Voters Approve Right-To-Work Amendment
- Vermont Voters Adopt Ballot Measure on Right to Personal Reproductive Liberty
- Washington Amends Paid Family and Medical Leave Rules to Address Loss of a Child–Now Includes Updated Policy
- Tukwila, Washington Ballot Initiative Requires Covered Employers to Offer Additional Work to Existing Employees Before Hiring
Developments Taking Effect This Month
To help keep you on track, below is a reminder of previously enacted laws taking effect in December 2022.
- Alaska Repeals Subminimum Wage for Individuals with Disabilities (effective 12/12/22)
- Arizona Passes Law on Sealing Criminal Offense Records (effective 12/31/22)
- Missouri Voters Adopt Constitutional Amendment Legalizing Recreational Marijuana (effective 12/08/22)
ComplianceHR offers the only on-demand, intelligent suite of compliance applications focused on helping companies address the ever-changing federal and state employment law requirements on minimum wage, overtime, independent contracting, and more.
We provide employers of all industries, sizes, and locations with solutions that empower employers to handle complex compliance issues with less time, cost, and complexity than traditional methods. The Navigator Suite simplifies employment law compliance, allowing you to streamline your compliance workflow in only a few simple clicks.
If you are not an existing client, we welcome you to register for a no obligation consultation with a compliance expert. After you’ve met with our compliance consultant, you can receive a free, 14-day trial to use all of the Navigator Suite applications. Register for a demonstration.