February 2024 Legal Updates
If you’re an existing ComplianceHR client, not only can you access these updates through the PolicySmart™ solution, but also robust links to learn more about each of these changes.
However, if you are not a subscriber to our solutions, we are pleased to provide you with abbreviated February 2024 Legal Updates. To view developments taking effect this month, click here.
- U.S. Department of Labor Finalizes Independent Contractor Regulation
- Denver, Colorado Issues Final Rules Implementing Wage Theft Ordinance
- Massachusetts Revises Paid Family and Medical Leave Guidance to Provide More Discretion to Employers
- St. Paul, Minnesota Amends Paid Sick Leave Rules
- New Hampshire Releases Final Rule on Subminimum Wages
- New Jersey Passes Data Privacy Act
- New York Enacts Sweeping Changes to Independent Contractor Arrangements
- New York City Council Passes Bill that Would Create a Private Right of Action Under the Earned Safe and Sick Time Act
- Oregon Adopts Final Rules on Paid Family Leave Program
- Texas Adopts New Rule Implementing New Workplace Violence Hotline Poster Requirement
- District of Columbia Enacts Wage Transparency Omnibus Amendment Act of 2023–Includes Notice Requirement
Developments Taking Effect This Month
Without doubt, employment law policies are ever changing, with some going into effect this month. Below is a reminder of February 2024 legal updates with effective dates.
- Michigan Codifies Certain Constitutional Rights Related to Reproductive Freedom (effective 02/13/24)
ComplianceHR offers the only on-demand, intelligent suite of compliance applications. We help companies address the ever-changing federal and state employment law requirements. Our solutions cover many common HR topics, such as employee handbooks, minimum wage, overtime, independent contracting, and more.
Chiefly, we provide employers of all industries, sizes, and locations with solutions that empower employers to handle complex compliance issues. Markedly, our solutions take less time, cost, and complexity than traditional methods. The Navigator Suite both simplifies employment law compliance and helps you streamline your compliance workflow in only a few simple clicks.
If you’re not a ComplianceHR client, then don’t worry. You can sign up for a quick intro call and product demo with one of our compliance experts. Afterward, you may be eligible for a free trial to explore the Navigator Suite applications. So, see for yourself how you can transform your organization’s compliance practices. Sign up for a demo today.